RDP is Remote Desktop Connection. Windows RDP itself means that Windows PC which can be accessed remotely from any place from any device. This remote Windows OS can be setup on a VPS bought from any hosting provider. In VPS, mostly we can see Linux and Windows VPS. I means you can run Windows Image or Linux images on this servers. You can run blogs, deploy and test your applications on these servers mainly.
Otherwise on Windows VPS, you can setup Windows server such that you can access it from anywhere with a Remote Desktop Connection.
Basically RDP means accessing a desktop somewhere form another desktop with its IP address. Now when you setup a VPS, you will get an IP address for the VPS and with that IP address you can access the application or blog which is setup on the server.
There are many RDP providers in the market who can sell you the installed Windows Server so that you can directly access the Desktop with the IP that they give. VPS is shared between users. For the reason some will run slowly eventhough they say the RAM is high.
How do you feel if I say you can setup your own RDP on your own VPS for upto an year and that too for free?
Yes, you can create your own RDP for free upto an year. In this article, I am going to show you how to create your own RDP on Google Cloud Console. Then why waiting. Let’s get started.
Here is how to get a free Windows RDP for an year.
Before we get started, we need to create static external IP. With external IP, you can access yiour Windows RDP from any device and from any place.
Yeah, I hope you have now read how to create Static External IP. Now let’s create a Windows RDP for free for upto an year.
All you need to have to get started is a simple Google account. Yes, If you have a gmail, you can do magics.
Complete step by step guide on how to get free Windows RDP [With Screenshots]
Now follow step by step guide to create Windows RDP for free for an year with Google Cloud.
1. First and fore most make sure you have a gmail account to signup and a credit card for card verification(No billing required)
2. Log on to Google Cloud(http://cloud.google.com)
3. Click on ‘Try it free’ and sign in with your Gmail
4. Read the terms and click on “Agree and Continue”
5. Fill all your information also card details and Start your free trail”
6. Now you will be credited with 300USD to try for 1 year.
7. Here the lovely thing is you can use the 300USD to deploy and cloud application for the entire year.
8. Create a new project and you will see the console like as shown below.
9. Navigate to Products =>Compute => Compute Engine => VM instances
10. Create a new instance by selecting RAM, region.
11. Click on select boot disk and change to Windows 2008 or Windows 2012 or Windows 2016
12. Select the Disk size to 100GB or more.
13. Check the monthly billing and create an instance. It wont cost you more than 65USD for month if you choose 100GB as storage.
14. You will be billed only for the time you use the instance. For using the RD longer time, turn off the instance when not in use so that you won’t waste your free money.
15. Once your instance is created you will find an IP address other than internal IP address. With that IP address you can connect to RDP from any desktop. Remember the IP changes everytime you turn on and turn off your instance. This is a dynamic external IP.
16. Read how to get a Static external IP for RDP google cloud console. So that you can access RDP with same IP even you turn it off and turn it on.